The home of vertical alignment
What’s New 10th Sep
Since that meeting on the 11th January there has been no contact at all with regard to a weekly site meeting between the Government, Owner’s and the Developer’s representatives. No reports, drawings, specifications or programme have been issued notwithstanding that which was agreed at the Ministry of the Interior.
Owners are still continuing with efforts to secure the information requested, to establish the full scope of works being carried out to their properties and to be consulted with regard to the works. Accordingly a meeting is being held in Brussels in mid February with MEP’s from Cyprus and the UK. This meeting will be reported on this website as soon as it has taken place. Cyprus MEP’S will, amongst other things, be asked to explain why the documentation pertinent to the works on their land, to their properties, has not been issued to owners, in spite of being told they would be by the Ministry of the Interior.
As at 3.3.2005 no work has been carried out over the last week, with no explanations having been given to us. So, we are currently left with;
1) No reports, drawings, specifications or programme. So we don’t know whether the work is sufficient to remedy the damage to properties, the extent of the work or when it is to be carried out.
2) No guarantee that the design, workmanship or materials used are fit for purpose.
3) A partly constructed wall, partly constructed in the wrong place and seemingly not to plans approved by the Government.
4) Partially completed patios.
5) Either no balustrades or where installed, balustrades which have been surface fixed to concrete slabs. Highly dangerous if anyone is unfortunate enough to lean against one.
6) A damaged seeping sewer. This was damaged by Aristo Developers during their current remedial work. When the damage was shown to Aristo Developers their response was that it would be remedied. Two months later the excavation was backfilled without the repair having been affected. It now constitutes a health hazard.
House tilt by 10cm and a water drain pipe fitted when patio was replaced which is NOT connected to the roof outlet as there isnt one. It should also be noted that the paving slabs are not cracked but in October 2005 6 months after they were laid they are.